Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Computer Dies!

After having printer's and cat's problems, I was not out of the woods yet. Yesterday night, my iMac G5 died in a terrible smell of burned electronics. That was NOT an happy moment either. After spending part of the afternoon doing diagnostics, it is now packed and ready to go to an Apple Service Center monday. I should be able to get it repaired within a week (however I am considering eventually replacing it by a dual processor G5 2 ghz tower -- if I can get a good price for the iMac, which, being an all-in-one model, has the unfortunate habit to overheat).

I had to take out my old G3 (boosted with a G4 processor) and update its files in order to be able to do some work in the meantime. Anyway, that's life.

Hopefully, that's the end of my bad luck streak.

Take care!

No comments: