Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Press Review (2013-01-15)

In the last couple of weeks I've spent much of my free time working on finishing the kitchen/bar-type counter in the back of my office (completing the base, installing the counter itself, the sink, and connecting the plumbing). It now looks pretty good, but it still need some finishing touch (finishing panels and doors). I've also installed a few more softwares in my new iMac and cloned its hard-drive for an extra safety (I use and trust Time Machine but you never know...). However, I am starting to experience problems with the Mac Mini so I might have to reinstall the OS on that one too. I still had time to read some news online and, as usual, you'll find the links after the jump:


Anime & Manga related, Japan, Popular Culture
Apple, apps and mobile devices news
Books, Digital Edition & Library
Economy, Environment & International/U.S. Politics
Health, home & garden
Humor
    A group of friends started two (not one, two!) webcomics:
  • Dungeon Sweet Dungeon: Home is where the heart gets sacrificed, by [Jean Carrières &] Normand Bilodeau aka Henbe (link)
  • Get Stuffed!: The Everyday Story of a Videogame Heroine Trying to Make it in a World of Puppets, by Lucien Soulban & Ghislain Barbe (link)
Local News & National Politics
Media, Culture, & Society
Sciences & History
Technology, Gadgets & Internet
Union stuff & Montreal's libraries

[ Traduire ]

No comments: